Saturday, July 14, 2007

No Summer but Blogs = Salvation

I have missed summer so far this year. I read Amy's blog about hiking and kayaking and I get sentimental about when I,me, used to spend the summer weekends with Gary camping and hiking and exploring wild Wyoming. Maggie's Lazy Vacazy was like reading the most scintillating novel ! Bubba has the most amazing looking garden and canoeing with Leigh had me in tears !Cody has all kinds of adventures. Zack and Jenny have close encounters with bears. And Colin and Lori have the best summer of all with the Adventures of an Almost Two Year Old Jason " Me, I allow myself 3 or 4 hours to clean my house on Saturday mornings and then its "Hit the Books". You can ask Gary, he has become a college student widow. Being the saint that he is he cheerfully cooks for me, does the laundry, weeds my flower gardens and props me up when I am so discouraged about school. (Its only 6 more months,he said to which I replied, I can't take 6 more months!!....typical Nursing School melt down I am told by others who have gone through this torture!)I haven't run in months,I haven't baked bread in months either, forget quilting or making homemade cards for all the special people in my life . Nothing except work and school !!!!So.... keep the blogs coming !!! I am living vicariously through all the rest of you. They are my salvation and reward after studying and writing stupid papers for Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, ( I have had ALL the psychiatric problems we have studied so far ! Definitely depressed,bipolar, schziophrenic, disassociated,obsessive compulsive... need I go on?).I have 3 more weeks this summer semester then 17 days off until fall semester starts. I plan on squeezing all my summer into those 17 days and then hopefully MY blog will be full of summer adventures like all of yours !

5 comments:

petecobb99 said...

hey, it's only five months now...

Jeffrey said...

I will be able to feel your pain very soon breadmaker. I start my classes on Monday July 16th. I will only be working part time during my 2 year stint at VT Tech. I will look forward to the day when the beermaker says to me, "hey, it is only 5 months now..."
hang in there breadmaker. the finish line is very close.

laura said...

I only started to get to have summer a couple of weeks ago, so I also sympathize--although since I just finished my last class ever, I don't expect it to be reciprocal. I hope your 17 days are excellent when they come!

amy said...

breadmaker, i will be the president of your east coast cheering club, you can do it!!! i'll try to keep the blog interesting for ya. Love, amy

Moody Family said...

Hang in there Breadmaker......But, you know we are rooting for you here. You have a bigger cheering section than anyone else I know of .....Nation wide. We will keep updating our blog with Jason adventures for you. He always offers a good laugh. He will be crashing into your world in a couple of weeks.............